Sunday 17 May 2009

A Belated "Teachers' Day " Wish.

Happy Teacher's Day to all teachers out there!
In conjunction to this auspicious day, I would like to share this one poem with all teachers...


When meeting someone at first,
they often ask of what I do.
I smile and think of how I taught
my little boy to tie his shoe.
And how to sing and
how to pray.
And how to tell the time of day.
Why the rainbow's in the sky.
Why birdies can fly and cows can't.
Why sky is blue and grass is green.
And unicorns are never seen.
How to think of others first.
And deal with life's little hurts.
To say "thank you" and "you're welcome".
Say please for food and don't reach,
When someone asks me what I do...
I smile and simply say..."I teach"

Happy Teacher's Day
Stay proud to be the chosen ones.

No comments: