Tuesday 28 August 2007

Oh! My Big Feet!


I have a special fondness for shoes. I love shoes but my big feet restrain me from buying shoes of my liking.
When I was small, my father would choose and buy me my shoes.He would choose shoes that had girlish looks. Then, when I grew older and bigger, my father did not only choose and buy my shoes, but he would even try on the shoes for me! We wore the same size. (even now! we still wear the same shoe size except that he wears men shoes and I, the women's, of course!)

The other day, I went shoe shopping. There are sales every where now. Since I am now wearing larger sizes shoes, I thought I'd try my luck shopping for branded shoes at lower prices.(my feet only accept branded and classy footwear...hmmmmm...'kaki orang kayala...) So, I started my shoe rendezvous. I went to JJ first, since it is the nearest shopping 'heaven' to my house. I went to several shoe outlets. Finally, my eyes were set on a pair of Crocodile sandals. I asked for my number 9 size and tried them on. Oh gosh! They were too high for me. I wobbled when I walked and I felt like I was a giant on high heels! Sadly I returned the pair of sandals to the sales boy who was trying to refrain his laughter.

I continued my search for my 'Cinderella' shoes. I went around and again my eyes caught sight of a pair of Sembonia shoes. Wow! It struck me that I would definitely look 'gorgeous' wearing them. Without thinking twice, I picked them up and saw that they were my size 40. Quickly I tried them on and they fit me beautifully. I was admiring them on my feet when suddenly dear hubby came into view. "Putihla. Tak cantik." (They're white. They are not pretty at all) My heart felt 2 kilos heavy. Reluctantly I put my beautiful shoes back on the shoe rack and walked away. Well, I guess I'm the type of person who listen to others' opinion and accept them!

Finally, with almost fading hopes, I spotted another pair of shoes which were not as grand as the other two previous ones. Quickly, without hubby bothering, I asked for my size, tried them on and paid for them. I finally bought a pair of shoes which I like and I feel satisfied with. They fit snugly on my two big feet.

That ends my shoe rendezvous for this year. I hope. Maybe if there's another big sale before the year ends, I might scout around for another pair of shoes; an Alain Delon or a Bonia this time. Only time will tell. Who knows...

1 comment:

nuruliz said...

Bila nak update blog? Wan nyer www.nuruliz.blogspot.com. Feel free to read