Thursday 7 February 2008

Maids...headaches


In our modern world nowadays, we do need maids, helpers and of course babysitters for our children. Having maids do lessen our burden BUT they too add up to our headaches.
In my case, my maid or if I put it in a nicer way, helper, do lessen alot of my burden; clean the house, cook, attend to the children especially my two younger kids who can really get on my nerves at times. But at other times, she does give me HEADACHES.. For example, the other day, we had our Chinese Year holidays for four days. I didn't have any idea that she wanted to go on leave. So, as a boss, I just couldn't be bothered to offer her one. However so, I noticed that for two consecutive days, she had been putting on a long and sour face every time she saw me. At seeing that, I got very irritsted. Whenever I called her, she refused to answer me. This went on for two days until on my eldest told me that actually 'bibik' wanted to go on leave bt mama didn't allow her. With all the irritation and anger building up inside me, I called her to come and see me in private. (we were at my mom's place.anyway, i didn't want to make a scene in front of everybody else.)
My confrontation began. She expected me to be able to read her thoughts and knew what she wanted. Wow! In that case, I really have to be one of the heroes in the series Heroes at the Starworld Channel to be able to read people's thoughts. Or I should just be like Sylar....hmmmmmm. To make the atory short, as a good boss (not to say i am), I finally agreed to allow her to go on a seven-hour leave on the third day of the Chinese New Year holiday. I made her promise to go and return at the time we had agreed on. Maybe you can say that we had a 'spit an'd shake' agreement.(i'm not sure about the term. but it's an agreement where both of you spit and shake hands over it).
Well, eventhough we had finally reached an understanding (???) over a small matter but still having to deal with maids is sooo troublesome. Sometimes, I do wish that I do not need a helper. But yet, in reality, I do. Therefore, I need to have more patience and tolerance too.

1 comment:

nuruliz said...

Dasar bibik-bibik...tak kenal diuntung...cisss