Friday 24 July 2009

What I heard today...

Well, today...early this morning, when I was watching MHI (Malaysia Hari Ini), one of the presenter said that 'why don't teachers show affection towards their students by saying nice things to them and also by patting them often'. Words or phrases that teachers can utter are 'jalan baik-baik', 'jaga diri', 'semoga esok kita jumpa lagi' and many others.

Well...I agree with him. But sometimes, we tend to get all rile up especiallly with the kids who always get on our nerves...those who refuse to show us respect...those who like to test on our temper...those...it goes on and on. I do wish my students well...I do pray for their safety...I do pray for their success. But I wonder if the students pray for me or their teachers.

There are many things that can make us teachers happy. One of them is when students respect us as teachers, adults and maybe friends. Another thing is when the students get good results and become successful. Furthermore, teachers are happy and overjoyed when students think of them and thank them when they succeed in studies and also life.

As for me, I still remember my teachers who are always very dear to me. One of the teachers whom I remember most id Miss Subramaniam (my chemistry teacher), Cik Azizah and Pn. Kamaliah (my B.M tachers) Pn Kannabhiran and Cik Hannah (both were my English teachers) and not forgetting my Add Maths teacher, Pn. Leong whom we also used to nickname her Mrs. Michael Jackson...she wore a glove on her right hand every time she wrote on the blackboard...: D.

Well, I'm glad that now i'm a teacher and I hope that I have touched many of my students' hearts and will always be remembered....not as a bad teacher, of course!!!

No comments: